Wednesday, November 27, 2013

All you dog lover friends..beware


I have an axe to grind with all those dog – moms that eulogized keeping a dog as the best stress buster ever! Really?

I can tell you a hundred reasons why Jibu has made my stress levels gallop skywards but I will only start with this morning.

I was late to work and had to push the daily status meeting by 15 minutes.

The first snowfall of the season – and the world outside looked pristine and white. But that’s not why I was late. 
Before I became a dog-mom, this would have meant staring out at the beautiful world and sharing this beauty with my Facebook friends. Today I worried where Jibu would go poo. Because my very knowledgeable husband had found out last night that dogs cannot be let out in the snow to do their job. The rightful owner of Jibu arose and leashed Jibu close to his pad.  I sprayed his pad with the training stuff and Isha bleary eyed departed for another round of sleep.

But Jibu is a summer dog and only knows to ‘go’ outside. Of course sometimes, just to torment me he has gone on the carpet outside my door but today he remembers he is ‘trained’

So all the while I prepared the kids lunch boxes, he whined and squealed and barked and I took him and his pad to the powder room and locked them inside hoping he will act like all of us do. He normally does that when we eat he says me too please or when I bring home the shopping - he is quite clear he is a member of the family and asks me where's my stuff?  But not this time. He continued to bring the house down. I am of course only concerned by the horror that does our daily performance appraisal. He comes down, and yells at me for being a dog abuser and to make the dog stop barking.  Very early appraisal today. :(
By now Isha and her dad know that the rant to put Jibu for sale in Kjiji is about to begin so they come down and try to take Jibu out on the porch. Our boss departs for another shut eye.

 Jibu as soon as he sees Isha and Ameeth forgets everything but fun and frolic and starts eating the snow. They declare he does not want to go and again tie him up in the kitchen table and depart - Very strategic move by both of them. For future reference this will be put down as ‘We tried’

By now Jibu is quite desperate and continues to curse me in his dog language. I keep trying to ignore him and once again spray the pad.. no luck… he will not let me have my tea or my breakfast in peace. I finally bring the big green foot rug and spray it. He does his job and continues to mutter darkly at me for not helping him out earlier!

By the time the ‘happy family’ is down for breakfast he is at peace and there is no reason why the adorable thing needs to be given away!

I think I need to give myself away!

1 comment:

veena said...

I don't think even Jibu can think of this idea. Give you away.... never!!!