Friday, December 25, 2009

Reflections 2009

Ever since Kali Potti got us to keep a Black Book - which I promptly renamed Confidante, I used to pen down my reflections of the year gone by and my resolutions for the New Year. I did that till I reached Kota and then stopped... From last year, I started again. No resolutions... just reflections. A good way to take stock I think. So here are relections on 2009 for this family
Almost everything that I wished for in 2009 came true...save two wishes. Winning a lottery and getting to 64.5 kgs.
I still think the former is more possible than the latter.
For Ameeth this year was more stable though he continued to be dogged by a frozen shoulder. I think he was really pepped up after his India trip, because it opened up new possibilities.

I started the year with a long update to friends and family. And enjoyed doing it so much that I started an outreach program this January and connected with so many of my old friends and associates from all my past lives. I have had many lives. Bellary-Dharwad-Kota-Delhiand the Tata group and New Jersey. I was aided by Facebook and Linked In of course. That was really wonderful.
Much had happened to us in 2008. Comparatively 2009 had less ups and downs, in many ways even unremarkable. I think what was most remarkable for both me and Ameeth this year is the realization that we can make most of our dreams come true. And thats a good way to start a new year.
As we enter 2010 however, there are new things that will happen. Arijit will go to high school, I may be in a project out of Canada and we will move house closer to Isha's school. What I am looking forward to most of all is the school reunion in Bellary in August

And of course..there is an important announcement I have to make. We have added two new members to the Dasgupta family - Chimpy and Chompy Dasgupta. Right now we are getting to know each other and soon we will be posting their pictures on Facebook. Isha is their foster mother, and Chimpy seems to have inherited some of her traits..Chompy is an active little creature bullied relentlessly by Chimpy much like his foster uncle Arijit.
We expect Chimpoy and Chompy to impact Isha's life most of all, I know all of you think she has grown up. And she does- overnight like a weed. But she still is the little baby of the house and is cuddled and totally spoilt . With this move, we are hoping she will become more responsible. Motherly, she always was.
Thats the short update then! Happy New Year to all of you and may it bring you all you wish for!

No comments: