Monday, December 14, 2009

Twilight Zone

It can be the most peaceful time of the day, depending on whether its twiilight before dawn or twilight before the night.
I like the twilight that comes with dawn, when the whole house is sleeping and I tiptoe downstairs to take a peek at my Google mail and have a quick cup of tea. It's also time when I take stock, of my life, the day before me and the what's running out in the kitchen and needs to be replenished. If I feel extra energetic, I also try and connect with my Source energy and everything seems to be possible.
Its amazing how much I get done in that 30 minutes - kids' lunch bags, kids' breakfast, putting away the dishes from the dishwasher,my own breakfast, cooked and devoured, checking my mail, my finances and putting things in as much order as I can. In those 30 minutes, I feel like the superwoman I am.
Then I look at the clock and break the silence and magic of the moment - GOOD MORNING KIDS! ITS WAKE UP TIME - And usually, all hell breaks loose while I rush into the bathroom and out again, straight out of the house - leaving the beginnings of the third world war behind me.

No comments: